The Guyana Forensic Science Laboratory is operated under an International standard, ISO/IEC 17025 standard, ‘General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories’. The Quality Department is the police of the organization and is tasked with the following responsibilities:
• Developing, implementing and maintenance of quality management system;
• Ensure personnel are competent to perform their tasks according to their standard operating procedures and guidelines.
• Conduct audits periodically to ensure conformance to the International standard and regulatory requirements.
• Periodically review the GFSL’s Quality Management System for continual improvements.
• Ensure Personnel receive training from Accredited Institution.
Management and staff of the laboratory are committed to providing quality and scientific services to our stakeholders thus ensuring our test results are accurate and precise.
Our Quality Policy Statement demonstrates our sturdy commitment towards providing quality services.